Pursue Your Passion
In recognition of RSM US LLP 90th anniversary in 2016, RSM launched 90-90-9 – Pursue Your Passion to encourage employees to celebrate the anniversary by applying for a chance to 'pursue their passions' with monetary support and time off from the firm. In appreciation of our clients, employees and friends who have contributed to our firm’s success, we celebrated this significant milestone in our firm’s history throughout 2016 by selecting nine employees from across the firm as winners of our 90-90-9: Pursue Your Passion program, which awarded those employees with $90,000 ($10,000 each) and nine days of PTO (paid time off) to help them pursue their passions. From the great experience of the first year, RSM continued Pursue Your Passion this year.
Learn how our winners achieved their passions:
Watch Hunter Pearson share his story.
Watch Shelley Moreno share her story.
Meet Our 2017 'Pursue Your Passion' Winners
- Amanda Brown: Volunteer at The Bailey House and/or the Ronald McDonald House, facilities that provide respite to family members of hospitalized patients, and purchase “wish list” supplies.
- Jay Brown: Bolster America’s talent pool by sparking interest in STEM (science, technology, engineering and mathematics) by capitalizing on the Aug. 21, 2017 total solar eclipse – the first in the contiguous United States since 1979 – through virtual reality, live streaming and in-personal educational experiences.
- Sarah Greyer: Hike Mt. Everest, donating $1 for every meter of altitude hiked to a nonprofit organization in Nepal to help with earthquake recovery efforts.
- Patti Leonard: Establish the Sparky Foundation to help provide medical care for animals in need, and to rescue and rehome animals in high-risk shelters.
- Kyle McNamara: Complete construction of a shelter in the Philippines to keep residents safe during typhoons and other natural disasters, and install a well in a local village to provide water to villagers.
- Danielle Montes: Take quilting classes to fine-tune skills to make and donate 24 quilts and 50 receiving blankets to Threads of Love, a nonprofit focused on premature babies; Setton Home, an organization that teaches parenting and life skills to teenage mothers; and Quilts for Kids, which focuses on children with lift-threatening illnesses, children of abuse and children living at or below the poverty level.
- Shelley Moreno: Provide travel packages and professional makeovers for seven breast cancer survivors for the 2017 Breast Cancer Thrives Cruise.
- Hunter Pearson: Help his grandfather live his dream of returning to Normandy, to revisit life-changing experiences he had during World War II.
- Nathaniel Rubin: Provide scholarships and medical supplies to enable five children to attend Camp Kudzu, a Georgia-based nonprofit that provides overnight camps and programs to children with Type-1 diabetes.
Read the full news release about our winners here.
"At RSM, we understand the importance of providing our employees with the opportunities and support they need to be successful both on and off the job. The inaugural 90-90-9 program created incredible energy in our firm and did a lot of good in the world. We look forward to seeing this year's winners dreams come to life and sharing their stories as they complete their trips and projects." – Doug Opheim, chief financial officer and chairman of the RSM US Foundation
Meet our 2016 '90-90-9 - Pursue Your Passion' winners and learn how they celebrated RSM's 90th anniversary by giving back to the community.
In the News: 2017 Pursue Your Passion
RSM's 2nd annual '90-90-9'program awards staff $90K
Accounting Today | February 2017